Kevin Rose, Esq.
California Land Use and Subdivision Attorney
Kevin Rose is a San Francisco real estate attorney whose expertise focuses on California Subdivision Law and transactional work. Mr. Rose is the managing partner of Reuben & Junius, a highly-regarded land use law firm. He has led its subdivision/transactions team since joining the firm in 1998. He and his associates have represented over one hundred development projects of all sizes and shapes, including complicated airspace parcel subdivisions, office condominiums and more traditional high rise projects.
Subdivision Law - Best Practices
- Processing of the subdivision map through City agencies (including compliance with related subdivision and off-site improvement regulations as needed)
- Preparation of all condominium legal documents (CC&Rs, HOA articles of incorporation, HOA Bylaws, condominium purchase agreement, limited warranties and SB800 documents)
- Preparation of declarations of annexation, maintenance agreements, reciprocal easement agreements as needed
- Advising on preparation of condominium plan
- Advising on preparation of HOA budgets and organization and set-up of HOA
- Processing of application for subdivision public report through DRE (submittal of required documents to California DRE; response to DRE notices; negotiation with DRE deputy commissioners; review of public reports; compliance with DRE Regulations)
Mr. Rose’s condominium work has involved more than “plug and play” projects. He has worked with clients to structure unique and creative approaches to a number of subdivision issues.
- Airspace subdivision and Reciprocal Easement Agreements
- Redevelopment Agency rights
Real Estate Transactions
Mr. Rose focuses on complicated transactions, including sales and acquisitions, multistate deals, sales of business assets, real estate financing, foreclosures and workouts, partnership and equity agreements, entity formation, subdivision work for both commercial and residential projects, leasing and construction contracts. Representative projects include:
- Kevin Rose is the managing partner of San Francisco’s Reuben & Junius, a highly-regarded land use law firm. He has led its subdivision/transactions team since joining the firm in 1998.
- His experience traverses California Subdivision Law, Real Estate Transactions, Litigation and Administrative Law
- He and his associates have represented over one hundred development projects of all sizes and shapes, including complicated airspace parcel subdivisions, office condominiums and more traditional high rise projects.
- He was responsible for obtaining California Department of Real Estate approval of the firm’s form “Master Management Condominium Documents” and supervises the regular update of these documents, including changes to address the SB 800 construction defect litigation.
Professional Certifications and Licenses
Member, State Bar of California
Professional Affiliations and Awards
Real Property Law Section, State Bar of California
B.S., 1992 University of California, Irvine (political science)
J.D., 1995 University of California, Hastings School of Law (magna cum laude)
Contributions to Profession and Community
Mr. Rose has served as a pro bono fee arbitrator for the San Francisco Bar Association and has represented a number of clients through Legal Services for Children. In his spare time, Kevin spends time with his wife Angela and five children, and is a NCAA Division I basketball official.